Monday, December 21, 2009

The Pomodoro Technique


In my quest to be the best leader possible, I quickly realized that time management is of utmost importance. Basically, I changed my way of thinking from managing my work to managing my time.

The to-do list is extensive, and is downright overwhelming if not managed properly. For this reason, I have found that it is best to think of to-dos in terms of a week and not a day. In other words, "I need to get the following things done this week." Then I list them in order of importance.

There are myriad of techniques for organizing and handling tasks, but one common theme is the importance of scheduling "chunks" of time for knocking things out. I stumbled upon one such system recently and thought I'd share it with you. It is called the Pomodoro Technique, and you can learn more about it here. I also suggest you get the full scoop by visiting the Pomodoro website.

Look for more articles in the future on time management. It might be the most important prerequisite to good leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment